Saturday 2 October 2010

Work begins

Yesterday I started work on the first shot using the August release of Muvizu. The shot involved a chase scene through a lot of foliage but it fell foul of a known Muvizu bug involving two animated cameras. So I moved onto the developers' build of Muvizu and, well to cut a long story short, it's kind of broken too. It's my fault that it's broken; something about the materials on the palm tree object not being right.

Why did I start on this shot? It does seem a bit premature when I've not posted any news about scripts or story. The chase shot I mention is completely distinct from the storyline. It's kind of a James Bond-esque pre-credits sequence, so it can be worked on in isolation.

Speaking of storylines, I have to go back on what I said earlier. This animation  does need a script and probably does need a storyboard of some sort. Geraldo and the Plan was incredibly difficult to manage, having 60+ shots, and I remember thinking, 'next time, I'll use a storyboard.' So, yeah, a storyboard for "Geraldo in Stockholm" will be necessary.

The storyboard is great for tracking shot numbers and allows me to be really efficient when it comes to modelling sets or picking camera angles. If an object aint in shot then it gets ignored. No point in modelling or animating something that wont be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment